Reflection

 I am in a state of reflection at the moment. With my third poetry book called Heart & Soul about to be published by Deep Read Press I have formulated my writing aspirations for this year. I have written little, other than poetry for a while, but now can see the completion of some other projects coming to fruition this year. 

Unlike some writers I find I cannot sit and write daily, rather I wait until inspiration hits. It can be months before something more comes to mind and indeed I have been in somewhat of a writing drought for over a year. At different times over the past year I wondered if my next spiritual book would ever get written at all but ideas have started to flow so this year I have dedicated myself to finishing it and other things.

Reflection is a deep part of my life, I often contemplate rather than meditate, it seems to work better for me that way. In a sense I am a loner, needing much time to myself to work out what life is all about and what it means for me. As I learn, I can then write about my understanding and insights which I offer to those interested enough to read about them or hear them. I fly low under the radar much of the time but know that whoever can benefit from the wisdom I have to share will find my work. That is how the universe works. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year

Death reminds us to live